Eggs Benedict!Course: BreakfastCuisine: European CuisineDifficulty: Easy
Paleo Diet adherents believe that the first meal of the day is critical for gaining the energy and nourishment they require for a successful morning. You don’t have to give up your favorite meals to eat well. This healthful and tasty variation on the original Eggs Benedict is a great way to start the day. This is one of the best ways to start the day, especially when it’s paired with fresh fruit and herbal tea.
Pork, bacon – 100g / 2 slices low sodium
Tomatoes – 182g / 1 large whole, cut in thick circles
Egg – 100g / 2 large, poached
Salt, table – 2g / 1 pinch, or to taste
Spices, pepper, black – 1g / 1 pinch, or to taste
- For the avocado paste
Avocados, raw – 201g / 1 avocado
Lemon juice, raw – 40g / juice from 1 lemon
Garlic, raw – 3g / 1 clove
Water – 30g / 1-2 tbsp
- In a large frypan, cook bacon until crispy over medium heat.
- Set aside after patting dry and crumbling.
- Place a quarter-inch slice of tomato on each of two medium plates.
- In a food processor, combine the avocado, lemon juice, garlic, and water.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- To poach the eggs to the appropriate consistency, use an egg poacher.
- Sprinkle cracked pepper on top of the eggs and tomato slices.
- Top with avocado sauce and bacon bits.