Keto Swedish meatballs
Naturally gluten-free and low-carb, delicious keto meatballs in a cream sauce.
For the meatballs
For the meatball sauce
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on high heat.
- Prepare and wash the vegetables very well. Wash the cauliflower and set it aside on a paper towel to drain it well. Peel and chop the garlic, green onions, and parsley. Roughly chop the cauliflower
- When the water boils, reduce the heat and add the cauliflower. Simmer for 10-15 mins. Test regularly with the tip of a knife to make sure they don’t overcook.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the beef, scallions, chopped garlic and parsley, egg, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and pepper. Mix very well to combine into a homogenous mixture
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet on high. Shape the meatballs into 1/2 inch thick circles. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium and add the meatballs. Cook for 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan
- In the same pan, add the broth, 1/2 cup of the heavy whip cream, and mustard. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the meatballs and simmer on medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes more
- Puree the cooked cauliflower into a bowl
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a skillet on high heat, then reduce to medium-low. Add the cauliflower puree into the skillet, and add the second half of the whipped cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper and cook (simmer) for 8 minutes, stirring frequently
- Arrange the meatballs and the cauliflower on a plate. Garnish with fresh parsley and scallions
- Juicy and delicious, Keto Swedish meatballs.
keto, meatball, post-workout meal, meal for muscle gain