Paleo banana bread
It’s difficult to improve on banana bread, but chocolate chunks do exactly that. Because there’s a lot of mashed banana in this Paleo bread, it stays lovely and moist.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease one 9′′x5′′ loaf pan
- Combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and nut butter in a large mixing basin or mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Add the chocolate bits and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it out evenly.
- If using a square pan, bake for 40 minutes; if using a loaf pan, bake for 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, and pressing lightly on the loaf should cause it to bounce back rather than remain indented. If a toothpick comes out clean but the loaf doesn’t bounce back when pressed, leave it in the oven until it does.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 1/2 hour on a wire rack. To complete cooling, turn out onto a cooling rack.
- For more recipes, diet plans, and workout plans, please download Health Culture App. Available on the App Store for free!
Serving Size 1 Slice
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 290
- Calories from Fat 195
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 22g34%
- Saturated Fat 8g40%
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 50mg17%
- Sodium 156mg7%
- Potassium 408mg12%
- Total Carbohydrate 19g7%
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g18%
- Sugars 8.5g
- Protein 6.9g14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.